- Prevention, diagnosis and treatment of problems with and the maintenance of locomotion, motor control function.
- When a new resident is admitted, we carry out a thorough diagnostic assessment of her/his physical condition and adapt her/his treatment plan accordingly.
- Our therapy focuses on improving and maintaining the resident’s locomotion in both individual and group settings.
- Our physical therapy room includes a wide variety of physical therapy equipment.
We carry out diagnostic assessments and offer various therapeutic activities, bearing in mind:
- Motor – range of motion, muscular strength, balance, etc.
- Cognitive – orientation, memory, visual planning and organization.
- Social – communication, leisure.
- Activities are carried out in both group and individual settings.
- Group activities include motion exercises, discussing the news, music, etc.
- Individual activities are adapted to each resident’s needs according to professional diagnostic assessments.
- Monitoring the residents’ weight and responding to fluctuations thereof.
- Monitoring the residents’ blood test results in order to assess their nutritional needs.
- Working with each resident to improve her/his nutritional situation.
- Monitoring the residents’ diets and modifying them if necessary.